Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Another glitch in MRT system

Metro Rail Transit  officials are again investigating its operations.

Caught in the act there was another glitch in its system (photo spread on social media) shows an MRT-3 door was open while the train was running along Magallanes.

The opening of the door could be due to a broken sensor. MRT spokesman Hernando Cabrera said that the train immediately stopped after the door opened and the driver immediately closed the door.

Witness saw the door re-opened while the train was running.

Cabrera narrated that somehow nung tumakbo ulit, bumukas ulit and the driver was forced na patakbuhin yung tren apparently kahit bukas yung pintuan, which is very wrong.

He adds that It's a maintenance thing. We really have to do something...Critical yun.

He also said all the passengers on the affected train were ordered to disembark at the Magallanes station and the affected coach was sent to the MRT depot for inspection.

Metro Rail Transit Corporation is a private consortium responsible for the maintenance of the Manila Metro Rail Transit System. It is also the original contractor for the MRT-3 project. It runs the MRT-3 in coordination with the Department of Transportation and Communications.

Two heads are quarreling and it is not easy for the Government to solve this problem. Hopefully th.ey would talk about this matter and will resolve easily.

Secretary Joseph Emilio Abaya said that the complete takeover of the Metro Rail Transit line 3 (MRT 3) along EDSA by the government would hinge on the outcome of the arbitration case filed by the Metro Rail Transit Corp. (MRTC) in Singapore.

He adds that DOTC would have to wait for the decision of the Singapore International Arbitration Center before executing the equity value buyout of the MRT 3.

They plan to buy out the private sector’s stake in the MRT3.

MRTC and the DOTC entered into a build-lease-transfer (BLT) agreement in 1997 to construct and maintain the MRT-3.

In the agreement, government is to pay MRTC equity rental fees and MRTC is assured a net return-on-investment (ROI) of 15%, net of taxes and net of loan repayments.

DOTC’s obligations during the construction phase included granting Metro Rail access to the Project site (including relocating squatters and other persons from the Depot area) and ensuring that certain work to be performed by the Department of Public Works and Highways (“DPWH”) was completed properly and on time.

But due to the failure to comply, MRTC filed an arbitration suit against the Philippines in Singapore because of the delayed rental payments.

Sobrepena, Metro Rail's Chairman and CEO oversees all aspects of the Project from Financing to Construction and turn over.

Laurence Weldon, President and Chief Operating Officer, oversaw all aspects of construction of the Project. Mr. Weldon was previously connected as project manager of the Los Angeles “Blue Line” Rapid Transit Project before July 1995.

The quarrel was raised to the court. However, there is no enough reason for the Government acquiring MRT railway facilities.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

MRT3 Derailment at Taft Station

DOTC fact-finding team is now analyzing the cause of the mishap at the Metro Rail Transit 3 station on Taft Ave. happened last Wednesday.

The evaluated results are expected to be out by Tuesday next week.

DOTC Secretary Joseph Emilio Abaya said that the two driverrs of the Train 003-B that malfunctioned had to be made available for questioning by the Scene-of-the-Crime Operatives.

The fact-finding team is led by Undersecretary for Operations Edwin Lopez and composed of representatives from the Office of Transportation Security and the Light Rail Transit Authority (LRTA).

Abaya declared that the fact-finding team is tasked to find out what happened, make recommendations moving forward to prevent incidents like this from happening again.

The probe will determine if human error or mechanical failure caused the defective train to run past the Taft Ave. station and ram the train stopper and steel barrier fencing the station.

There are two possible causes.

First, It could be due to human error causing procedural lapses or second the hardware or equipment failure. That is what the fact-finding team will determine. Usec. Lopez told Abaya that they can get the investigation through by Tuesday.

No confirmation yet  if the operator of the defective train and the operator of the backup train will be plundered if human error was found to be the main reason for the accident.

While three administration senators are pushing for an investigation on the Metro Rail Transit (MRT) accident  that injured at least 38 people. Senator Sonny Angara, Senator Aquilino “Koko” Pimentel III and Senator Paolo Benigno “Bam” Aquino III.

And on Tuesday, August 20 the MRT3 will run slower for the safety of it's riders.

The MRT3 was built on budget and on schedule And it was fully accepted by foreign experts and the Philippine government in 2000.

In the past, the trains operates with no major accidents for many years under Sumimoto maintenance. Sumimoto and Mitsubishi upgrades maintenance procedures and continues doing it.

Major accidents happened only in the last 2 years under the PHTRAMS-Vitangcol-linked maintenance groups.

Is MRT3 being mismanaged?

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Fault in our Trains

Long lines during rush hour…

Power failure inside the train…

Pickpockets inside…

Overcrowded train stations and more…

Aside from the problems being encountered by commuters in riding the MRT everyday there is a more important matter that they need to know.

At absolutely no cost to the government, Metro Pacific Investments Corporation has offered to refurbish and purchase all-new trains for the MRT3.

But the government has repeatedly ignored this proposal and has pushed an illegal bid-out of the new trains and awarded it to a Chinese heavy trains corporation with the PH government providing the purchase price and a heavy subsidy.

The general manager of the MRT3 have been implicated by the Czech ambassador as making an extortion attempt on a Czech company, Inkeon.

This scandal has been ignored by the press. The illegal awarding of a 500M-maintenance agreement to a company affiliated with the relative of Vitangcol.

Vitangcol resigned from his position.

So who were involved in it's anomalies?

In a post taken from GMA Network News - Metro Rail Transit Line 3 General Manager Al Vitangcol III confirmed that he was relieved by Secretary Joseph Emilio Abaya for his alleged involvement in anomalous transactions in connection with the MRT-3 expansion project.

This proposal has repeatedly ignored and has pushed an illegal bid-out of the new trains and awarded it to a Chinese heavy trains corporation with the Philippine government providing the purchase price and a heavy subsidy.

Sadly the illegal awarding of a 500M-maintenance agreement to a company affiliated with the relative of Vitangcol.

The Government could have avoided all the current and potential legal hassles in this MRT3 capacity expansion project had DOTC only abided by the 1999 BLT agreement and allowed MRTC to do its job of choosing the M&O contractor for this EDSA rail line.

What will happen now?

Philippine government wants to take over MRT 3 and Secretary Abaya announced that it would push thru this year.

Thursday, June 5, 2014

E! It Takes GUTZ to be a Gutierrez

It Takes GUTZ to be a Gutierrez breaks record ratings for E!

E!’s first-ever international reality series wins its  timeslot in the Philippines among key demographics.

The Gutierrez Family.  Eddie Gutierrez, Ruffa Gutierrez, Raymond Gutierrez, Annabelle Rama-Gutierrez and Richard Gutierrez.  Photo courtesy of Cholo Dela Vega.




Filipino showbiz royalty, the Gutierrez family, is all GUTZ. Their new reality series, It Takes GUTZ to be a Gutierrez premiered across Southeast Asia on June 1 at 9pm on E!, NBCUniversal’s home of pop culture. The premiere broke ratings records for E!, becoming the channel’s highest-rated series premiere in the Philippines to date.*

It was the number one non-sports program on English General Entertainment and Lifestyle channels during its 9–9:30pm timeslot among key demographics: Total People, Adults 16+ and Women 16+. The premiere also proved to be a hit among Men 16+, making E! the second-highest rated channel out of 80 English Pay-TV Channels (excluding Sports) during its timeslot in the demographic.

“We are delighted with the stellar performance of It Takes GUTZ to be a Gutierrez and the overwhelming buzz it has generated with our Philippine viewers,” said Christine Fellowes, Managing Director, Asia-Pacific, Universal Networks International. “This development strengthens and solidifies our commitment to invest in locally relevant original content for our audiences in the region.”

The sizzling, six-episode It Takes GUTZ to be a Gutierrez gives viewers unfiltered access to the fabulously dramatic lives of the Gutierrez family. Members of this sensational showbiz clan include former beauty queen Ruffa, her twin brothers – screen superstar Richard and funny fashionista Raymond – and their parents, the ’60s matinee idol Eddie and political aspirant/talent manager Annabelle.

Episode two reveals the aftermath of the premiere’s shocking reveal: Richard proudly and publicly confirming the existence of his and actress Sarah Lahbati’s child in Geneva – a baby boy named Zion. This second episode gives viewers an exclusive first look at baby Zion and the risks his parents are willing to take by bringing him back to paparazzi-crazy Manila.

Meanwhile, Ruffa gets a visit from Annabelle during a racy magazine photo shoot, resulting in much hilarity and awkwardness. Raymond, on the other hand, opens up about his personal dilemmas and weight issues. Amidst all the drama, the Gutierrezes decide to go on a cruise together, taking all their turbulent tension and sensational emotions to sea.

It Takes GUTZ to be a Gutierrez airs Sundays, 9pm on E! Sky Cable and Destiny Channel 57, Cignal Channel 25 and Cablelink Channel 33.

Twitter Handle: #GutzOnE
It Takes GUTZ to be a Gutierrez is co-presented by Lucky Me and Perwoll; in participation with Propan.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Miss Cebu 2014 Winners


Miss Cebu 2014 Winners are:
Grand winner - Cheriemel Diane Muego
First Runner-up - Eva Psychee Patalinjug
Second Runner-up - Hannah Marie Gore
Third Runner-up - Grace Anne Marie Yap
Fouth Runner-up - Crystal Star Aberasturi

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Maui Lumba is this years Century Tuna Superbods winner

Dedication, discipline and healthy lifestyle are what made this tall goodlooking guy, Maui Lumba,  brought home the bacon, so to speak,
being this year's male winner of Century Tuna Superbods Challenge 2014 held in Boracay.




Maui Lumba is  a regular gym body before he joined the contest. He said having a firm body tone is not easy to achieve. He personally fixed his diet plan and daily workout that took him almost one and half year to get in shape.

Maui who was a graduate of Hotel and Restaurant Management from University of Santo Tomas, was also a basketball player and model during his college days. It was at the special events in UST, the USTV awards where he helped hand out trophies to winners that Mau was discovered, joined showbiz and become a member of NYOBG, Backroom's newest league of artists.

An avid athlete and fitness lover, this 21 year model actor is still hoping that someday he will be hosting a sports show as he describes himself as adventurous and likes to take challenges.

Joining Maui as winner in the Century Tuna Superbods Superchallenge is Sara Polverini. The two got fabulous prizes including a one year supply of Century Tuna products ,Golds Gym Subscription and cash prizes.

To know more about MauiLumba phone in  Backroom Inc. at 435-11-08,4351120 and 9280717 or you may email them at backroominc@hotmail.com.

Thursday, February 6, 2014

World Slasher Cup 2014 awarding ceremonies

2013 Miss Universe 3rd Runner-up Ariella Arida and 2013 Miss International Bea Rose Santiago with Vice Mayor Jubee Navarro of Macabebe, Pampanga during the World Slasher Cup 2014 awarding ceremonies. Photo taken at Gloria Maris Banquet Hall, Gateway Mall.


Wednesday, February 5, 2014

House of Representatives gave Ariella Arida, Mutya Datul, and Bea Rose Santiago recognition

Here’s what 2013 Miss Supranational Mutya Johanna Datul has to say for the House Resolution #353 she received last January.

“Sobrang thankful po ako na nabigyan ako ng award sa Congress na bibihirang natatanggap ng iba. Mas naramdaman ko yung talagang support ng mga Pilipino sa akin na yung binigay na parangal sa akin ay magiging inspirasyon sa bawat Pilipino.”

Great job, Mutya! We are so proud of you.


Last January, the House of Representatives gave Ariella Arida, Mutya Datul, and Bea Rose Santiago recognition for bringing pride and honor to the Philippines. Here’s what 2013 Miss Universe 3rd Runner-up Ariella Arida has to say for the House Resolution #472 she received:

“It’s really a surreal feeling to have received this kind of honor. I want to thank the Congress for giving us an overwhelming recognition. It makes me more inspired to do more for our country.”

We are so proud of you, Ara! 

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Ms.Universe 3rd Runner Up Ariella Arida covers Metro Magazine January 2014 Issue

Also in this issue are scorching and hot men and women such as Brent Javier, Carlos Agassi, Cristine Reyes, Dennis Trillo, Enrique Gil, Jake Letts, Janna Tee, Jason Abalos, JC de Vera, Jessica Yang, Joaco CaƱas, John James Uy, Rafa Siguion-Reyna, Randy See, Raphael Robes, Rayver and Rodjun Cruz, Rufa Mae Quinto, Sam Concepcion, Sky Yang, Sunshine Cruz, Tom Rodriguez, Valerie Weigmann, Victor Basa, Vince Ferraren, Viva Hot Babes, and Wendy Tabusalla.




Miss Venezuela 2004 Monica Spear Murdered

According to a Twitter @ noticierovv the event occurred in the Central Regional Highway when the vehicle they were traveling in was injured on the road .

They note that while waiting for the crane came criminals trying to steal their belongings. Apparently opposed to theft and were killed.

Spear was with his daughter, who was also shot but is out of danger, and her former husband , Thomas Henry Berry , 49 -year-old Irish , who also died .

Continue reading the story at http://kakulayscoop.blogspot.com/

The Miss Venezuela 2004 was in the country enjoying a holiday .

Monica Spear was born in Maracaibo on October 1, 1984 , was an actress , model and beauty queen. Was the winner in the Miss Venezuela 2004 , representing the country at Miss Universe 2005 , held in Bangkok, and getting dumped as fourth runner-up.

Among the most outstanding work of the young 29 year old my cousin are Ciela (RCTV ) , The perfect woman ( Venevision ) and Forbidden Passion ( Telemundo ) .

His daughter Maya Berry Spear was born in October 2008, after her marriage to businessman Thomas Henry Berry.

source: Missosology